After receiving all your great feedback through our survey (thank you), we’re going to try our best to accommodate your requests. Here are some changes we’ll be making in 2010 based on your responses:
1) Overwhelmingly, you told us that you want fewer bitter greens in your shares. Done.
2) The general consensus was, although you love our great variety and like learning how to cook with new items, it’s easier for everyone to use their shares if it is mostly staple items with only a few items each week that are uncommon.
3) We also realized that we need to pull in our focus to quality over quantity. We will work hard to stay on top of picking items when they are ripe and try to avoid overripe or overgrown items.
4) Although a couple happy subscribers said they love getting the produce with the dirt still on it, there were more that said they would prefer having more of it washed. We’re going to have to find a happy medium here. We have purchased some new washing equipment for certain items, which we will be able to implement if we can figure out how to get the necessary water on site. Some items would still have to be washed by hand. In those cases, we’re going to opt for not washing them rather than having to increase the cost of your share for the extra labor. In addition, there are some produce items that keep better if they are not washed until you get them. So please try to be understanding about the dirt : )
5) You told us you want timely information, especially help identifying what’s in your share. It’s a massive puzzle each week for David to figure out what will be ripe and how to divide it between share sizes – which is why the information sometimes didn’t get to us until it was on the truck. Then we’d scramble to get recipes and info together for the emails. This year, we’re going to do it a little differently. We will work to provide an overview of new items that are coming soon, so you don’t get something in your box that you can’t identify. All this information will no longer be emailed each week. It will be posted here. So please check back each week. Thank you!